Searching Google high and low also couldn't find the layman instruction. Finally, while solving other problem, I found it! It is hiding inside 10gAS R3 Installation Guide.
The steps are as follows:
- Access the Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Application Server Control Console using the following URL: http://hostname:port/em
- In the Groups section of the page, click on the AS Instance.
- Select the Applications tab.
- Click [Deploy] button.
- In Deploy: Select Archive page, you see Archive section on top and Deployment Plan section at bottom.
* For Archive, select "Archive is already present on the server". Then, enter the absolute path to point to $ORACLE_HOME/rules/webapps/ruleauthor.ear file, e.g. "/opt/oracle/AS1013/rules/webapps/ruleauthor.ear".
* For Deployment Plan, select "Automatically create a new deployment plan".
- Enter the name of the application as ruleauthor.
- Nothing to change. Click [Deploy] button.
To deploy the online help for Oracle Business Rules Rule Author, the step is similar to above. The absolute path to the ear file is "/opt/oracle/AS1013/rules/webapps/rulehelp.ear".